Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 1

This is day one of my Paleo transition. One of the suggestions on Mark Sisson's blog is to not do everything all at once. I know if I feel overwhelmed I will throw in the towel or just plain get stressed out. It was suggested to break things down with this transition and set yourself up for success. My first priority is to eliminate grains. Once I feel like I have been successful with this process then I will start paying more attention to the carbohydrate content.

It is very common for people to experience the "Paleo Flu" as their body detoxes. I already have a runny nose and feel a bit run down, but I think it was the accumulation of running a half marathon,  going ski diving, and all the other activities I had going on this weekend. Definitely am going to listen to my body and take it easy till I feel better.

I did go to the dog park and did a few loops with Drake on my shoulders. I also did some strength training while at the Fireman's Park with Drake (dips, pull-ups, declined push-ups, and the monkey bars).

As far as my eating. I have enjoyed eggs and sauteed spinach, tuna steak and green beans, nut mix, cheese, a sweet potato, salmon salad, and asparagus. I did buy some dark chocolate and had a piece also. I feel very satisfied.

Very proud of my first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment