Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Day 3-Eating sporadically

One of the sections in Mark Sisson's book is called Grok's Clock. Grok is the symbol for the caveman and is used throughout the book. This section stuck out because I usually have my clients focus on regularly scheduled meals and snacks. You always hear me say to eat every three or four hours. Well Grok ate when food was available. His meals were of varying consistency instead of always having a starch, protein, and carbohydrate it was what ever he could find. Sometimes Grok when days without eating and others food was very plentiful. Our bodies were designed to adapt for both of these situations. The Primal Blueprint encourages intermittent fasting. Until I get my body adjusted to no grains and lower carbs I will not try that yet.

One of the things that I have noticed already (they did mention this would happen) is that because my body is becoming for reliant on utilizing fat I am not experiencing that starving feeling or that I need to eat something a few hours after I have already eaten.

So for the conventional wisdom of eating every couple of hours and not skipping meals....well we will give it a whirl and not be so strict. I will focus more on my hunger cues then the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment