Sunday, August 12, 2012

Getting Ready

Alright...I know the biggest thing to set myself up for success is to have the right foods in the house. I went to Costco and stocked up on nuts, olives, canned tuna and salmon, frozen organic berries, organic eggs, and a splurge of red wine.

We have cleaned out the cupboards and are giving away or throwing away a lot of the grains that I had in the cupboards as well as the sandwich thins, flat bread, and frozen kashi waffles. I just loaded up on Aunt Annie's crackers for Drake. I know that that if they are around it would be a temptation so I am going to get rid of those as well. Organic dried apple slices are portable along with string cheese, dried fruit, and whole fruit. These will make great snacks for Drake and ones that I can have as well.

I already do very well with smoothies for breakfast. I will be sure to swap out the mangoes and bananas that I use sometimes and stay with berries in order to lower my carbohydrate intake during this meal.

I made a crustless quiche that I know Drake loves and am all set with meat for dinners for the week and non starchy veggies from my mother in laws garden. I made protein smoothies for those cravings and have nuts in bags ready to grab and go.

This whole process doesn't kick off until next week, but I am doing my best to start test driving and making changes already. Obstacle to think about:Trip to Door County the beginning of September.

I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment