Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 8

Over all I would say that I have been 95/5 percent primal. My husband and I did go out for dinner yesterday and we both decided it could be a cheat day. I noticed though right after eating a kids sized chicken tenders (had a craving) I had a stomach ache. Otherwise we have been doing really well with no wheat and grains.

This week I mentioned my focus is more on the carbohydrates. I did plug in a couple of my days into myfitnesspal.com and am right around 200 grams of carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are mainly coming from fruit, almond milk, protein powder, and my vegetables. The one day I did eat a sweet potato and another day I had veggie straws. These add up a lot.

Again my goal is not weight loss. I am very happy with where I am at. I would like to have more consistent energy and I know paying attention to balance of my carbohydrates would help with this.

For this week I made Primal friendly meat loaf and a beef stew. I will also make roasted turnips and sweet potatoes along with cod, chicken breasts on salads, omelets, and homemade turkey burgers without buns.

We have nuts, cheese, fruit, jerky, and raw vegetables bagged up and ready to go.

I have found two new items that I really love: Carrot Cake Larabar and Lifeway organic Kefir in Pomegranate/aci.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment